SLA 3D Printed Clear Resin Engine Housing Display Model
- SLA 3D Printed Seed Dryer and Oil Press Machine Resin Prototype as Student’s Project
- SLA 3D Printed Circular Spacecraft Resin Toy Prototype
Posted on 2022-06-30 in Mechanics · 机械
These complex engine housings are all 3D printed with SLA clear resin. With experienced craftsmen's post-processing, it could be as clear as glass. If you prefer the frosted effect, it would require one more sand-blasting step.
- Step 1: Firstly we confirm the dimension and amount with our client, and recommend appropriate manufacturing method according to the client’s budget. The engine housing model has a complex structure, there are some parts that may not very clear and we need to let the client know.
- Step 2: 3D print the model in one piece with SLA Clear Resin and our industrial SLA 3D printer. It seems simple but requires a lot of engineers’ experience. We have printed tens of clear parts every day and tuned the 3D printer to the best condition.
- Step 3: When printing is finished, remove the supports and rinse it with IPA, then manually sand and polish it with 400-4000 grit sandpaper until the model becomes transparent. Attention is necessary when cleaning the cracks.
- Step 4: Spray the parts evenly with UV oil. As the oil protection layer has a thickness, the dimension of parts may be affected, so the clear parts are used just as display models, not functional ones. If the client wants a frosted effect, we would sandblast the clear parts.