- SLS 3D Printed and Painted Colorful Nylon Mouse Cover
- FDM 3D Printed Ultem 1010 3-Way Pipe Connector Sample Part
Here is a mechanical part sample we printed with Ultem 9085, which is a flame-retardant, high-performance thermoplastic. It features a high strength-to-weight ratio, excellent heat resistance and high impact strength. It also possesses favorable flame, smoke and toxicity (FST) characteristics.
- Step 1: To ensure the overhang structures could be successfully printed, we need to adjust the position and add enough supports.
- Step 2: Here we print the part with FDM 3D printing technology using Ultem 9085.
- Step 3: Take the print from the plane. Adding a raft or skirt would make this process easier.
- Step 4: Polish the print manually with a grater and sandpaper to remove the remaining marks.