- SLS 3D Printed TPU Toddler Panda Shoe Soles
- SLA 3D Printed and Laser Cut Resin Kindergarten Architecture Model
It's a graduation project customed for an art student. She built the flower with Nomad Sculpt and ordered some transparent flower prototypes made with SLA clear resin. She tried three different post-processing methods, like painting, vacuum plating, and silver foil painting.
- Step 1: Just like processing other 3D models with rich details, we first need to examine the models and make sure the details and layer thickness is enough for printing.
- Step 2: 3D print the statues with SLA Clear Resin. It seems simple but requires a lot of engineers’ experience. We have printed tens of clear parts every day and tuned the 3D printer to the best condition.
- Step 3: When printing finished, remove the supports and rinse it with IPA, then manually sand and polish it with 400-4000 grit sandpaper until the part becomes transparent.
- Step 4: Spray the parts evenly with UV oil. As the oil protection layer has a thickness, the dimension of parts may be affected, so the clear parts are used just as display models, not functional ones.
- Step 5: Paint the flowers into silver with an airgun, and you can also try to cover its surface with silver foil.