DMLS 3D Printed and 18K Gold Plated Sterling Silver Necklace Pendant and Earrings
- PolyJet 3D Printed Full-color Animal Crossing Villager Miniatures Limberg and Billy
- SLA 3D Printed Transparent Shiba Inu Dog Statue with Clear Resin
Posted on 2021-07-08 in Jewelry · 珠宝
A New York-based jewelry line has ordered 20 pieces of necklace pendants and 10 pairs of earrings, we 3D printed them in one batch with DMLS technology, and electroplated them with gold.
- Step 1: Examine the 3D model to make sure the structure and wall thickness does not need any adjustment.
- Step 2: Add supports to the model, prepare the sterling silver powders and preheat the printer chamber, then process printing with our metal 3D printer. The DMLS 3D printer automatically spread out one layer of powder after another, and the laser will systematically touch the correct spots of each layer and sinter the object together.
- Step 3: After printing finish, cool down the 3D printer and metal parts. Then comes the support removal. The raw parts need to be polished carefully for electroplating.
- Step 4: Clean the parts to get rid of oils and dirt. Rinse with water to remove the cleaning agent. Submerge them in the tank of solution and turn on the power. After a period of time, the positively charged gold molecules will slowly migrate to the surface of the negatively charged silver.