- SLA 3D Printed Clear Resin Earrings and Finger Rings Designer Jewelries
- FDM 3D Printed Small Statues of 2022 Winter Olympics Mascot Bing Dwen Dwen
The client firstly ordered the wax patterns and made a small batch of silver rings with the lost-wax casting method. The grid lattice structure is warmly appreciated by customers, so the client planned to try new materials like titanium alloy. We recommended DMLS technology and directly printed the titanium ring.
- Step 1: Check the model and add the support structure. Arrange the placement and duplicate the models so they can be printed in one batch.
- Step 2: DLP 3D printing technology is most commonly used in making tiny and intricate objects. DLP Castable Resin is highly recommended for customers who have expert-level quality control in casting.
- Step 3: Carefully remove the supports and polish the rings. Post-cure them with UV.
- Step 4: Cast the silver copies with the resin prototype. There are water gates on the rings that need to be cut off and polished.
- Step 5: 3D print the titanium alloy version with a industrial DMLS 3D printer. Cut the supporting structure with wire EDM.
- Step 6: The lattice structure is hard to be polished. It goes through sand blasting and hand polishing, and finally becomes shinning.