- SLA 3D Printed Reindeer Cartoon Miniatures with White Resin
- 1960s Bauhaus Space Age Wall Lights Made with Laser Cut Acrylic Plates
David (Michelangelo) bust, cast with clear resin. Urethane casting is an affordable way to make a few items as it only needs a silicone mold. CNC milling technology can also produce such a transparent statue, but it's more difficult and has a higher cost.
- Step 1: The client got the idea of making a David bust sculpture with clear material, and downloaded the model from the Internet. She turned to us and our engineer offered the solution of SLA 3D printing and urethane casting technologies.
- Step 2: 3D print the master pattern using SLA Generic Resin with a layer thickness of 0.05mm. The post-process for the master pattern is quite important as it decides the precision of casted products.
- Step 3: The urethane casting process uses a 3D printed master pattern and silicone mold to deliver high-quality, short-run parts in a fraction of the time and a fraction of the cost of injection molding.
- Step 4: Adjust the details of the statue with grater and sandpaper. Spray them with clear acrylic oil to make them look clear.