- SLA 3D Printed Full-scale Resin Pepper Fake Food Models
- SLA 3D Printed Wine Display Stand Prototype for a Brandy Brand
The statue is inspired by the Screaming Marmot meme. In the video, a mountain marmot is making a loud squeak while standing on a fence. We made a hand-crafted solid copper version before, which weighed 2.7kg and sold $380. This time we built the 3D model and printed a hollowed resin version using SLA Generic Resin.
- Step 1: Our 3D modeler builds the model in ZBrush. To make it look as detailed as possible, he carefully and conscientiously brushes all its hair and captured its bulging eyes as well as knuckles. He also adds details to the grassland and stump.
- Step 2: The layer thickness of 0.05mm is enough for a 12cm-tall model. Arrange the placement and add supporting structures in the slicing software. To save the materials on supports, we print the base and the marmot separately.
- Step 3: After printing finished, we break the supports and rinse the models with IPA, the polish to remove marks. Then comes the vital part: painting. Our experienced painter collects some photos of marmot and draws the gradient colors naturally.