- Medical Device Prototype with Large-format SLA 3D Printing
- SLA 3D Printed 1:1 Football Player Statue
LeaderDrive is a professional company which is engaged in research, design and production of precise harmonic drive device. LeaderDrive utilize high-precision, zero-backlash harmonic drive precision gears and play critical roles in robotics, semiconductor manufacturing equipment, factory automation equipment, medical diagnostics and surgical robotics.
Their IPO debut on SSE STAR Market on August, 2020. To celebrate the successful IPO, Leader Drive ordered 240 pieces of resin model as a remembrance. The models are in the same shape of their products: harmonic reducers.
We processed the models with electroforming, which is a great solution for metal crafts at an afforadable cost. The mandrel was 3D printed with resin. Then the electroforming technique was used to make the final copper parts. Since it's hollow inside, the cost is much lower than a cast one.
- Step 1: The client sent us the CAD file of the harmonic reducer. As the real harmonic reducer is composed of different parts, the model we print is just in one piece.
- Step 2: Produce the mandrel with SLA 3D printing technology. We select the SLA Tough Resin as it’s suitable for complex designs with intricate details as well as fine-detail models with smooth surfaces.
- Step 3: Remove the supports and rinse the models with IPA. Sanding by hand to improve the surface. Electroform the prints to grow copper parts outside the models.