- SLA 3D Printed Clear Resin Water-like Bracelet
- SLA 3D Printed Monstera Deliciosa Earring Resin Prototypes
A user of the Breville espresso maker is not satisfied with the steam control knob, so he designed a steam lever with Nomad Sculpt that could perfectly fit onto the knob, and printed it out with a desktop FDM 3D printer. A small improvement can bring convenience & a better experience to your daily life.
- Step 1: The client measures the dimension of the steam knob, and builds the model of the lever with Nomad, then exports the STL file for printing. The inner diameter of the lever should be at least 0.3mm larger than the knob.
- Step 2: Here we print the parts with FDM 3D printing technology using FDM PLA, which is the most cost-effective solution for this application.
- Step 3: Take the prints from the plane. Adding a raft or skirt would make this process easier.
- Step 4: Polish the prints manually with a grater and sandpaper to remove the remaining marks.