- SLA 3D Printed and Fine-Painted Submarine Garbage Cleaner Prototype
- 3D Scan of BMW Bike Rack with Handheld 3D Scanner
Some thieves would break the metal logo ornaments on the cars and make dirty money. Then comes the requirements of resin ornaments. From the photos, you can find that it looks nearly the same as the metal ornaments, and it should give credit to vacuum coating technique.
- Step 1: Examine the 3D models carefully, especially whether the details exceed minimum layer heights.
- Step 2: Add supporting structures for the models in case they may break or deform. As they are all monochromatic, no splitting work is needed.
- Step 3: Arrange the placement and 3D print the models in one piece with SLA Durable Resin.
- Step 4: Cut off the supports and wash the prints with IPA. Spray the prints with a prime after air drying. Polish to remove the marks.
- Step 5: Place the parts into a vacuum chamber, vaporize the metal using a filament, then rotate the parts to ensure even deposition of the metal vapor.