- CNC Machining Valve Whistling Trumpet Automotive Part
- CNC Machining Stainless Steel Koenigsegg Automobile Catalytic Converter Prototype
Many of the manufacturing advances in the automotive industry have been driven by CNC machining technology, which has been applied to produce various kinds of auto parts. For example, engine thermostat housing, interior panel, starter motor, cylinder head, drive axle, gear box are all mainly produced with CNC routers.
- Step 1: The CAD model was examined and transformed into a CNC-compatible format with the software AutoCAD.
- Step 2: A most suitable type of CNC machine was chosen according to the complexity of the product design and the cost of the workpiece.
- Step 3: Certain operations were configured and the G-codes were input on the machine. The workpiece was mounted on the machine as well.
- Step 4: The workpiece got shaped and the holes were drilled automatically. It would be inspected during and after the machining process for quality assurance.