SLA 3D Printed Transparent Part Samples
- DMLS 3D Printed Mini Sword Model for a Melee Weapon Fan
- SLA 3D Printed Rocky Mountain Tableware Prototype
Posted on 2022-08-09 in Art · 艺术
Clear resin is great for showcasing internal details like fluidic channels, housing LEDs, or creating a window-like finish for your prototype. Here are some transparent parts we recently made.
- Step 1: When printing transparent models, we need to focus on the structures, as polishing is highly required to make the parts clear. Sometimes the model has some blind points which are hard for sanding and polishing.
- Step 2: 3D print the model in one piece with SLA Clear Resin and our industrial SLA 3D printer. It seems simple but requires a lot of engineers’ experience. We have printed tens of clear parts every day and tuned the 3D printer to the best condition.
- Step 3: When printing is finished, remove the supports and rinse it with IPA, then manually sand and polish it with 400-4000 grit sandpaper until the model becomes transparent. Attention is necessary when cleaning the cracks.
- Step 4: Spray the parts evenly with UV oil. As the oil protection layer has a thickness, the dimension of parts may be affected, so the clear parts are used just as display models, not functional ones. If the client wants a frosted effect, we would sandblast the clear parts.