Scaled-down Architectural Display Model Made with 3D Printing and Laser Cutting Technologies
- SLA 3D Printed and Painted Factory Resin Display Model
- DLP 3D Printed and Painted Small Statue of Lionel Messi the Football Player
Posted on 2022-02-08 in Architecture · 建筑
Architecture studios and practices today have access to a wider range of tools, including CNC milling machines, laser cutters, and 3D printers that can reduce labor needs and speed up the workflow.
- Step 1: The clients build the whole models with SketchUp, and export the STL files for printing. Our engineer would help them examine the models.
- Step 2: We arrange the model in software and add necessary supports. Then 3D print them with SLA Generic Resin in one piece. The layer thickness we set is 0.1mm and we control the tolerance within ±0.2 mm.
- Step 3: When printing is completed, rinse the models with IPA and post-cure them with UV. Cut off all the supports, then polish with sandpaper.
- Step 4: Laser cut the resin boards and acrylic boards according to the 2D blueprints. Glue the acrylic boards into buildings. Then assemble the resin prints and the boards together and fix them with glue.