Velo3D (NYSE: VLD) delivered its first Sapphire XC 3D printer. Featuring 8 1-kW lasers, the Sapphire XC, or “Extra Capacity,” is Velo3D’s newest and largest metal 3D printer, made for faster production and larger parts. The Sapphire XC is a scaled-up version of the Sapphire printer, utilizing the same Flow print preparation software, the same Assure quality control software, and the same Intelligent Fusion manufacturing process. Velo3D revealed that the system has been acquired by an aerospace customer but did not disclose the name of the company. Several companies in aviation and space parts manufacturing are already using Velo3D solutions, including SpaceX, Launcher, Primus Aerospace, Honeywell and others.
- 08 / 05 : Puredyne refines bioprinting process Bioprinting
- 08 / 04 : StarHagen joins the Velo3D Contract Manufacturer Network Aerospace
- 08 / 04 : Stryker opens new 3D printing facility in Anngrove, Cork 3D Printing Events
- 08 / 03 : Automotive Trim Developments acquires two EOS M 290 metal 3D printers Additive Manufacturing
- 08 / 02 : Bosch acquires two SLM500 systems 3D Printer Hardware