Velo3D (NYSE: VLD) delivered its first Sapphire XC 3D printer. Featuring 8 1-kW lasers, the Sapphire XC, or “Extra Capacity,” is Velo3D’s newest and largest metal 3D printer, made for faster production and larger parts. The Sapphire XC is a scaled-up version of the Sapphire printer, utilizing the same Flow print preparation software, the same Assure quality control software, and the same Intelligent Fusion manufacturing process. Velo3D revealed that the system has been acquired by an aerospace customer but did not disclose the name of the company. Several companies in aviation and space parts manufacturing are already using Velo3D solutions, including SpaceX, Launcher, Primus Aerospace, Honeywell and others.
- 09 / 21 : New Meltio Robot Cell offers large scale wire-laser DED 3D Printer Hardware
- 09 / 15 : 3D Systems insources manufacturing of additional printer platforms 3D Printer Hardware
- 09 / 13 : Mighty Buildings raises $52 million in funding Money & Funding
- 09 / 09 : Ackuretta launches CURIE Plus, a next-generation UV curing oven for dental 3D printing
- 09 / 09 : DEEP “emerges” from stealth with WAAM 3D printed subsea habitat Industrial Additive Manufacturing