Velo3D (NYSE: VLD) delivered its first Sapphire XC 3D printer. Featuring 8 1-kW lasers, the Sapphire XC, or “Extra Capacity,” is Velo3D’s newest and largest metal 3D printer, made for faster production and larger parts. The Sapphire XC is a scaled-up version of the Sapphire printer, utilizing the same Flow print preparation software, the same Assure quality control software, and the same Intelligent Fusion manufacturing process. Velo3D revealed that the system has been acquired by an aerospace customer but did not disclose the name of the company. Several companies in aviation and space parts manufacturing are already using Velo3D solutions, including SpaceX, Launcher, Primus Aerospace, Honeywell and others.
- 11 / 16 : Chromatic unveils new line of RX-Flow large-format 3D printers Decision Makers
- 11 / 16 : AddUp expands on already impressive range of FormUp printers Additive Manufacturing
- 11 / 15 : Vertex Manufacturing orders 2 more Sapphire XC 3D printers 3D Printer Hardware
- 11 / 14 : KUKA to launch new AMCell_ series 3D printing systems 3D Printer Hardware
- 11 / 14 : HP to launch new commercial HP Jet Fusion 5400 series 3D Printer Hardware