- FDM 3D Printed Silky Vase Art Decoration for a Design Studio
- Turn a Broken Porcelain Vase into an Art Piece with 3D Printing Pen
As shown in the pictures, the rings are printed with a consumer-level SLA 3D printer by the designer and have obvious layer textures, because the set layer height is 0.1mm and she did not polish them carefully. After painting with acrylic paints, the resin rings look similar to clay rings.
- Step 1: The client built the rings with Nomad, and export the STL file for printing..
- Step 2: Arrange the parts in software and add necessary supports. Then 3D print them with SLA Generic Resin. The layer thickness she set is 0.1mm.
- Step 3: When printing is completed, rinse the rings with IPA and post-cure them with UV. Cut off all the supports, then color them with acrylic paints.
- Step 4: The client did not polish the rings so there are visible layer lines on them, but she is okay with the effect.