Building Exterior Architecture Models Made with 3D Printing and Laser Cutting
- DLP 3D Printed Delicate Figurines with Ultra Detail Resin
- SLA 3D Printed Coffee Machine Resin Model as Student Project
Posted on 2022-05-13 in Architecture · 建筑
Designed by an architectural firm, the proposed buildings are modeled for client demonstration. The office buildings were made with PMMA boards and laser cutting technology, while the mansion was made with SLA generic resin.
- Step 1: The clients build the whole model with SketchUp, and export the STL file for printing. Our engineer would help them examine the model.
- Step 2: We arrange the model in software and add necessary supports. Then 3D print it with SLA Generic Resin in one piece. The layer thickness we set is 0.1mm and we control the tolerance within ±0.2 mm.
- Step 3: When printing is completed, rinse the models with IPA and post-cure them with UV. Cut off all the supports, then polish with sandpaper.
- Step 4: Laser cut the resin boards and acrylic boards according to the 2D blueprints. Glue the acrylic boards into buildings. Then assemble the resin prints and the boards together and fix them with glue.