A robotic, dinosaur ghost, that shoots fire out of her 3D printed jaw. That’s Ghost Raptor for the 2022 season of BattleBots but it could be pretty much any maker’s dream bot. Team Raptor (Chuck Pitzer, Eric Diehr, Sabri Sansoy) teamed up with Designer Anouk Wipprecht and Xo Wang for the 2021 BattleBots competition. Team Raptor has been participating in robotic fighting tournaments since 1999 and this year, to add even more style and badassery to the terrordactyl (cit.) bot, the team worked with Wipprecht and metal DED 3D printing company Formalloy to create a metal 3D printed jaw that opens to spit fire at its enemies. Thanks to Anouk’s participation in this season, we had the opportunity to sit down with her and Team Raptor’s Team Captain Chuck Pitzer to learn more about if and how 3D printing is making a difference.
- 11 / 16 : Chromatic unveils new line of RX-Flow large-format 3D printers Decision Makers
- 11 / 16 : AddUp expands on already impressive range of FormUp printers Additive Manufacturing
- 11 / 15 : Vertex Manufacturing orders 2 more Sapphire XC 3D printers 3D Printer Hardware
- 11 / 14 : KUKA to launch new AMCell_ series 3D printing systems 3D Printer Hardware
- 11 / 14 : HP to launch new commercial HP Jet Fusion 5400 series 3D Printer Hardware