- FDM 3D Printed Skunk Statue with a Desktop Dual Extruder Printer
- SLA 3D Printed and Painted Pipe Gallery Model for a Chemical Plant
The Mandalorian is a popular show set in the expanded universe. It takes place in a post-Galactic Empire, following the adventures of Din Djarin and his ward, initially known as baby Yoda. Making the Mandalorian Armor with FDM 3D printing is the most cost-effective method. This is the way!
- Step 1: 3D print all the pieces, including the helmet, the breastplate, the shoulder pauldrons, etc., with FDM PLA. This is the safest and cheapest material.
- Step 2: The post-processing for FDM 3D printing is essential. The coating effect can fairly change the quality of the prints. To remove the layer lines, the prints need to be sanded and carefully polished.
- Step 3: Spray all the parts with metallic black paint. Then add some aging effects.