SLS 3D Printed White Nylon Coral-like Artpiece
- SLA 3D Printed Boyfriend Resin Figurine Built with C4D
- DMLS 3D Printed Chimonanthus Praecox Flower Branch with Stainless Steel
Posted on 2022-09-26 in Art · 艺术
Here is a prototype of a coral-like art piece we printed with SLS (Selective Laser Sintering) technology. Its designer owned a resin printer but she still has a favor for nylon prints' texture.
- Step 1: First, the 3D model will be broken down into layers of 0.1 mm on the computer and sent to the 3D printer.
- Step 2: Before printing, we need to fill the tank with PA 12 powders. On a bed pressure, a 0.1 mm thick layer over the whole width is applied.
- Step 3: Pre-heat the machine to about 100°C, and the laser will lit the powder and increases the temperature just above the melting point of the powders.
- Step 4: After a layer is formed, the platform will lower down and produce another layer.
- Step 5: When the printing process ends, remove the excess powders which also serve as supports.