- Laser Cut 5mm Thick Keyboard Frame with Iridescent Acrylic Sheets
- Wire EDM Cut and Electroplated 3mm-thick Stainless Steel Earrings
Many restaurants hang out giant food models of their signature dishes. Recently a seafood restaurant ordered four 40cm-long crab models. They did not have many requirements except the crab's color. When heated, the crab's shell turns from dark green into red and has a good smell. So the crabs should all be red and have a glossy surface.
- Step 1: After having a knowledge of what the client needs, we searched out for 3D models of crab and buy the one that’s okay with commercial use.
- Step 2: For such a large statue, the layer thickness of 0.1 mm is enough for showing all the details. Then we add supports and arrange the placement on slicing software.
- Step 3: 3D print the models with SLA Generic Resin using our industrial 3D printer.
- Step 4: Rinse the model with IPA and post-cure with UV. Then spray with putty and carefully polish it to remove the marks.
- Step 5: Dye the crabs into red and paint their eyes black. Then spray them with clear acrylic paints.