3D Printed Dark Edition of Broken Atom Wire Sculpture Made with a 3D Pen
- FDM 3D Printed Toymakr3D Fully Articulated Mecha King Kong Statue
- SLA 3D Printed Chainsaw Man Tanaka Spinal Cord Sword Keychain
Posted on 2022-11-21 in Art · 艺术
This broken Atom is totally handmade with a 3D pen and wire. The artist used the wire as its skeleton, and print the PLA filament as its skin. A flame gun is applied to smooth the surface.
- Step 1: Build a rough model of Atom by hand with iron wire. A plier and a pincer are used in this process.
- Step 2: Set the temperature of the 3D printing pen. Insert the filament and set the extrude speed. Test the pen to make sure the melted filament comes out smoothly.
- Step 3: Draw the lines around the wires so the wires could help support the model.
- Step 4: Smoothen the surface with a flame gun. The temperature between 170 and 180 °C is enough for melting PLA prints.