- SLA 3D Printed Handheld Electric Drill Enclosure Resin Prototypes
- DLP 3D Printed Basketball Shoes Model with Ultra Detail Resin
The vehicle manufacturer, SAIC-GM-Wuling Automobile, had crossover cooperation with a supermarket brand, Fresh Hema. They hold an outdoor exhibition, invited customers to experience the driving and shopping services. They ordered two large 3D printed cartoon statues of their mascots from us, and place the mascots on the top of the car to attract their target users, the young adults.
- Step 1: As the mascot statues have a high requirement on the appearance, we recommend SLA printing technology. The plan is printing the hollowed model with our large-format SLA 3D printer, and strengthen the models by adding ribs inside.
- Step 2: After the examination of the model, we advice the client to adjust the wall thickness and minimal detail feature, etc. Then we arrange the parts in software and add necessary supports. Then 3D print it with SLA Durable Resin using a industrial 3D printer. The layer thickness we set is 0.1mm.
- Step 3: When printing completed, rinse the model with IPA and post-cure it with UV. Cut off all the supports, then polish with sandpaper.
- Step 4: Cut aluminum ribs with a CNC miller and fix the ribs inside the statue from the bottom.
- Step 5: Paint the model with colors as the client appointed and cover with clear acrylic. Fix the model onto the car with superglue.