- Upload CAD drawings to the canvas, supported format:
- Rescale the model if neccesary, default file unit is mm, click ‘inch’ to switch unit.
- Select material from the dropdown (search available), if the material is not listed, please submit quote request at manual review.
- Check instant price which indicates the estimated unit cost of manufacturing. Please note: The price might NOT be the final offer, there might be updates after technical review.
- Place order with secure online payment methods like PayPal and credit card.
- View order detail in your dashboard and wait for our technical review & manufacturablity check.
- We start producing if everything is checked and confirmed, if the drawing needs modification or extra payment, we will notify you via email.
- We ship the package and you wait for the delivery.
- Give us some feedback and prepare for the next project 🙂
There’s no MOQ for 3D printing, only minimum order value. Apart from material volume cost, there are serveral ingredients in order pricing:
- Per Material Minimum Order Value
The minimum order amount is $30 per material(SD and HD resolution are considered as same material) excluding shipping cost. If total manufacturing cost is less than $30, we will charge $30 as subtotal, so it’s more economic to order multiple copies if your part is cheaper than $30.
- Per Part Minimum Order Value
Since each parts has to be post processed manually after printing, there’ll be a minimum part cost. Normally it’s $1.2 per part, some materials might have higher minimum part unit cost.
- 3D Model:
- 2D Image:
png,jpg,jpeg,gif,bmp(It will guide you to generate a lithophane based on the image)
- Zip file(.zip) with multiple 3D models or colorful OBJ file(obj+mtl+jpg)
Yes! We support colorful OBJ 3D model upload:
You must upload .obj+ .mtl+.png/bmp/jpg in one compressed .zip folder, and don’t upload more than one OBJ file at a time, the system will fail to recognize multiple colorful OBJ files.
Yes, you can compress multiple parts(STL format only) in one ZIP folder.
This issue often happens on broken 3D model. If there are mesh errors in your 3D model, after you rescale the model, the calculated volume might be different than actual volume.
When this happens, please contact us for a manual review or try to repair the 3D model using 3D model repairing tools like NetFabb, FreeCAD, Makeprintable to ensure there’s no mesh errors in 3D model.
Insta3DP aims at minimize the manual effort in 3D printing quotation, however calculating the material/support/running hours of certain 3D printing process like PolyJet and DMLS is a big challenge. We will keep improving the algorithms and add more materials in the list.
NOTICE: Order status and total amount might update after technical review! We’ll send you the updates via email. Possible Changes of Insta3DP Order:
- Require modification
Through our technical review, your 3D model has design errors that makes the part not manufacturable, we might need you to modify it or cancel the order.
- Extra manufacturing cost
Might occur due to high complexity or high risk of producing/post processing your parts.
- Extra shipping cost
Might occur due to over-weight/over-size/extended area surcharge or unpredictable special occasion.
- Order cancellation
Your order might be rejected if we decide your requirement impossible to meet, or the products might violate any laws/regulations.